An overview of the regions we cover.
Being a BILCS Interpreter
Bespoke Interpreting, Language & Communication Services (BILCS) is recruiting for Freelance Public Service Interpreters who will operate as independent contractors to NHS Midlands & Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU).
Communication presents a major barrier to accessing healthcare for people who have limited ability to communicate in English. Equally, communication difficulties present healthcare professionals with barriers to the delivery of safe, effective, patient focused care. This has substantial implications for health and social care quality, governance and risk management. Poor communication contributes to non-compliance with treatment, disengagement with services, cancelled appointments, repeat hospital admissions, delayed discharge and exposure to litigation for negligence and errors.
As a contractor, you will be working with the NHS under terms specified in a contract. Unlike an employee, as an independent contractor you will be called upon as and when required. You will be paid on a freelance basis, as such you will be responsible for your own self-assessment and taxation.
In order to succeed and be successful you will:
- Be bi-lingual/ multilingual and be willing to take a language assessment in your native language conducted by BILCS
- Have English proficiency
- Have previous experience of being an Interpreter is essential
- Have a recognised Interpreting Qualification or more than 400+ hours interpreting experience
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Hold or be willing to obtain an Enhanced DBS and be registered to the DBS update service
If you meet the above criteria and would like to offer your services to BILCS please express your interest by CLICKING HERE.